Is Your New York City Private Investigator An Expert Witness? Find Out with these 10 Questions.
Hiring a New York City private investigator for video surveillance is a very cost effective way to dispel or confirm any doubts you may have about someone committing insurance fraud, medical malpractice fraud or personal injury fraud. A private investigator in NYC can observe and acquire video of a plaintiff engaging in activities contrary to his claimed limitations strengthening the defenses case to initiate settlement negotiations for a fraction of the plaintiffs original claim.
However, as is often the case for plaintiffs in New York City making outrageous demands that exceed the standard claim on personal injury and medical malpractice claims, the case goes to trial hoping for a generous reward from a New York City jury.
Are you prepared to take your hired NYC private investigator as a witness to the stand? Instead of considering your New York City private investigator as a potential witness to testify to their surveillance video after you are absolutely certain the case will see the inside of a courtroom. Hire your private investigator in NYC for video as an expert witness from the start to avoid any potential pitfalls in the courtroom. After all, the wrong witness could jeopardize your case, sink your reputation and lose your client all in one shot.
To ensure your NY City private detective is an expert witness, consider asking these 10 questions before you hire them for video surveillance:
1. Have you testified before? If so, how many times?
2. When was the last time you testified?
3. Where have you testified? In court, a deposition or EBT?
4. What is your track record on the stand? Ie: How many defense verdicts?
5. Do you have references?
6. Do you know the rules of discovery & testimony?
7. Do you know how to authenticate a surveillance video as evidence?
8. How long have you been in business?
9. Take notice to how your private investigator speaks on the phone – will he or she represent you appropriately in court?
10. Do a quick google search of your PI to find a photo or video to get a sense of what they look like – after all – they are going to represent YOU on the stand and YOUR reputation is going to be on the line. Can’t find one, ask for a photo, video or meeting.
Do you need to hire an expert witness private investigator in New York City that specializes in video surveillance? You came to the right place. Davis Investigations, Inc. has testified 100’s of times in New York & Connecticut – typically to a defense verdict. No other private detective company can provide you with video surveillance evidence as effectively, efficiently or as often. We have a stack of testimonials to prove it. Gives us a call at 914-472-5731 or email us to strategize your next surveillance case. No obligation for the call.